Discover the benefits of essential oils
The human being has a very close and ancestral relationship with plants; When we know how to interpret their properties and use them through extraction methods, we can obtain benefits and positive effects for our bodies on a physical, mental and emotional level.
Satteva, a consultancy dedicated to awakening the potential, consciousness and energy of each human being, recommends the use of essential oils in a therapeutic way to reinforce the body and manage emotions (anxiety, stress and fear).
Essential oils are substances extracted from plants that, due to their chemical and molecular composition, have an impact on our metabolism and hormonal system, for example, on the ability to reach the receptor cells of living organisms to create communication and resonance.
By inhaling essential oils, either through steam or hot water, they reach the hypothalamus directly and begin to act on the production of neurotransmitters, and they also go to the limbic system, where the brain structures of memory and instincts are located. For this reason, essential oils work profoundly in our biology and emotional system, says Bonnie Baker, director and co-founder of Satteva.
Some essential oils recommended by Satteva at the moment (COVID-19), are:
- Lavender: It has antiviral properties and helps lower stress and anxiety levels, it also improves the environment.
- Lemon: It helps fight stress and has antibacterial properties, which is why it is so common in cleaning products.
- Red tangerine: It offers a very calming effect in times of anxiety. Raise your spirits.
- Eucalyptus: It has a comforting and balancing effect. It is effective in toning the bronchi and opens the breathing channels.
- Thyme: It contains etimol, an effective biocide in the elimination of viruses and bacteria.
- Rosemary: It stimulates the microcirculation of the organism and this in turn oxygenates the whole body. Promote mental clarity.
- Nail: It is recognized for controlling inflammation in pneumonia.
Essential oils must be made from pure, organic sources that do not pose a health risk. Although these suggestions are therapeutic, in the event of symptoms of disease, the most recommended is to assist with specialized doctors to obtain an adequate diagnosis and treatment.
Essential oils can be used in various ways, whether in the environment, in a vapor, at bath time, in clothing or as part of a mask to enjoy its benefits. “These recommendations are preventive. In these times, what we need is to have a calm mind and essential oils contribute to it ”, concludes Bonnie Baker.